Saturday, July 2, 2011

analogy

My friend said something last night that was kind of perfect.   "It’s like you got run over by a car and you are still holding on to the bumper and getting dragged down the street.  Yes it sucks that you got hit by the truck but just let go of the bumper already".  She’s right.  The whole thing blows but it only gets worse if I sit here and be upset about it, it will keep dragging me down – so I am letting go now.  I may be injured lying in the middle of a street bleeding, but I just can’t let this stress me out right now.  I am in the middle of an important process and sanity is difficult to keep on my side.

1 comment:

  1. It's easy to say let go when #1 She wasn't hit by the truck in the first place and #2 She's not the one being dragged.

    I'd like to think it's an accidental type of dragging like your shirt is caught on the bumper, you would like to not be dragged but you can't help it-allow yourself the time to feel what you need to get your thoughts in the right place-it's acceptable to feel, rage, process then move on.

    I also like to not take any advice about my fertility woes from fertile people.

    ReplyDelete