Thursday, June 9, 2011

red coral

My nurse today surprised me with a red coral bangle.  She was shopping in chinatown and saw it and knew that wearing it as a ring or a bracelet was an ancient method to promote fertility, so she bought it an gave it to me today to help me with this cycle.   Soooo nice of her - she is such a sweet and caring person.

I'm not sure when I became supersicious but I do believe in the phrase "better to be lucky than good", and I do believe that western medicine can't always argue with thousands of years of history.   Its nothing I would have ever bought myself - I generally don't support any coral harvesting because of the damage to the ecosystem, but I will wear it and cherish it through the cycle.  Even if it doesn't increase my fertility - it reminds me of her kindness and support - and that alone is invaluable in this process.

4 comments:

  1. That was super sweet! I have a bracelet for that purpose as well and have been thinking it's time to wear it more.

    MissConcepiton

    http://missconception-ads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo super sweet! Isn't it nice, out of all this mess and heartache...we get reminders like that of how great and thoughtful some people are. Definitely needed...since a lot of people are not so thoughtful and sensitive! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a thoughtful gift! It is during this time when we really find out who are true friends are. Others run screaming from the situation. So glad she's your nurse!

    I totally agree with the better to be lucky than good and the western medicine vs eastern healing techniques. I like to think I got the best of both worlds!

    Good luck! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How incredibly sweet. And, yes, sometimes just having something that reminds you that someone out there cares about you and is thinking of you is all it takes to shift your mood and that can only help!

    ReplyDelete