Sunday, June 19, 2011

aaahhhhh allergies!

And yet again my body proves itself to be a little odd.

I have all sorts of weird allergies.  Anti-inflammatories give me hives . . . which stinks because it means if I have a migraine I get tylenol.  Gee thanks.

Any type of adhesive gives me a rash.  I once wore ekg leads for a med school demonstration.  Ended up with 3 perfect circles of scab on my chest.  That was fun.

And by far my favorite - anything with nickel.  Seriously, I can't wear gold or stainless steel for more than a few hours.  (my husband still resents that he had to sink so much money into a platinum ring)

SO today I discovered a new one --- Lupron.  Seriously body - do you let me take nothing for granted?  I developed a massive welt at the injection site.  Full on histamine release red swollen itchy welt.   I am seriously hoping it was a reaction to the alcohol pad or from pinching too hard and at least if it keeps happening it doesn't get worse.   I refuse to let myself be allergic to anything in this process - just not an option at this point.  I don't care if I have to take benadryl every time I use it or if I have to keep my epi pen ever so close.  Just as failure is not an option - neither is an allergy to lupron - I am after all a little to aware on my lack of options.

Will be interesting to see if it happens again tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Man, that sucks!! I hope the Lupron thing was just your body getting used to it. Otherwise, yep, stay drugged up on benadryl as much as you can!!

    Those are some crazy, frustrating allergies you've got! Although, the "requirement" of the platinum ring is a pretty good "bonus" from it all... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youch! That is harsh. I hope it was a one-off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that sounds really irritating! I hope it was just a one time deal for the Lupron.

    ReplyDelete