Monday, April 18, 2011

life's little lesson

I decided not to make a big deal about my birthday this year.  I just wanted to be surrounded by people I love and not advertise it.  I took my birthday off facebook, didn't mention it to work people and just kept quiet about it.   It wasn't a test of who would remember, but it was special to see how those close to me wished me a good day.
SO here were the best gifts ever:

My sister came to visit all weekend
My best friend called me with her girls and tried to get them to say happy birthday (but the 5 yr old got shy)
My husband came home post call, made me a cake, arranged a dinner, ate sushi which he abhors and stayed awake through it all (about 40 hr in a row)
My dad called me and sang to me
My boss sent me an email (and took my pager call)
My in-laws took me out to dinner when my hubbie was working
My aunt wrote me a poem
My other aunt called me and told me the story of my real birth day
My nurse brought me cupcakes

I just loved that everyone important to me was a part of my day.  I feel very special and full of love.  No matter if the wish I made comes true (especially since it was the same wish as last year) I should be nothing but happy with the amount of love in my life.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, may your birthday wishes come true, very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a good birthday. I kind of did the same thing. No I didn't take it off facebook, but the really important people in my life made my day more special than I could have ever imagined!

    Happy birthday! I hope your wishes from blowing out your candles come true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! How absolutely wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday! I'm glad you had an enjoyable one this year! It is a great feeling to know that people care about you and are thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete