Monday, December 20, 2010

brought to you by the number nine

Today was a day that was quite divisible. nine millimeter endometrial stripe and three, nine mm follicles!

I'm trying to fell how I feel about 3 follicles.  Last time there were 2 and I was nervous.  Multiples are marvelous . . . don't get me wrong . . . but I would be very happy with one.  This whole process has made me feel like such a little oddball that all I want is what is normal to everyone else.  At the end of the day I will happily accept twins, but I don't know what to do if there are 3 follicles ready to go.  Do I cancel the cycle . .. cross my fingers for only 1 (or 2) to take, or just go crazy and just let fate take hold.

This is another case of knowing too much.  I know the complication rates, the delivery averages and the statistics that surround multiples.  I have delivered many sets of multiples and the "higher-order" category always has major issues.

SO anyway . . . will continue the follistim and cross my fingers that one of them fizzles while the other 2 mature.  Guess I'll just let fate decide for now!

1 comment:

  1. So interesting to see your thinking on this. We had 5 follicles on our first diui cycle and the RE wanted us to cancel. We had to sign a release in order to continue with the iui. In our mind, twins would be ideal. More than two would be scary, but still a blessing. I read an article somewhere about the cost benefit for infertile couples who desire twins, and the reasons why the medical profession might consider rethinking the ideal outcome of fertility treatments.

    another totally relevant discussion for this community!

    ReplyDelete