Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy 11-11-11, Happy Veteran's Day and a Happy Me

I am 20 weeks!!!  I have actually made it halfway . ..  and better yet  . . . My cervix is closed!!!  Sure its not super long - but its not short enough for bed rest and its not changing yet!  The amount of relief is HUGE.

I went to my groups OB M&M yesterday.  In medicine there is the practice of reviewing patient cases where the outcomes are bad as a way to keep educating the staff and to look into if anything could have been done better.  I think every type of medicine does it - Ours are really educational.   We have the neonatologist team and the perinatology team come too and we talk about all aspects of care.  The topics though are usually a little depressing - and nerve racking when you are sitting though it thinking what could go wrong with your own life.

Anyway I was sitting next to my OB and she leaned over and whispered "I think I am going to ban you from these conferences until you are 30 weeks".  Its not a bad idea.  Exposure to complicated cases is not what my head really needs right now.  I already know everything that can go wrong - the reminder is not good.  I need to try to forget what I have learned and remember what I know - the majority of pregnancies have no problems at all. (must keep repeating the mantra)


On a separate note - I ran into my old infertility doctor at my prenatal visit while I was waiting for the restroom.  He is quite possibly one of the nicest and most brilliant physicians but he does not do IVF - but he oversaw some of my clomid /injectable cycles and was the one who was so disappointed it wasn't working.  He smiled at the belly - asked me how many cycles it took.  "Only one" I responded.

He dropped his head, smiled this huge smile and looked up.  "Isn't that just amazing"

yes it is.


Happy 11-11-11 and Happy Veteran's day!  I have lots of happiness today and a lot to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment