Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ain't life grand?

Just a little update - We are all doing well.

My little girl has turned out to be a very sweet, healthy, strong willed little munchkin.

We've had only minor problems in the growth department, and sleeping was bad for a while but every little minor bump in the road has been followed by her growing out of it.

I haven't posted because I just haven't had that much to say.  I've temporarily lost some introspection and permanently lost the ability to think about myself first.  I also don't really use my computer much anymore - I try to keep the electronics to a minimum.  Couple that with being short on time and . . . .well you get the picture.

It has its good days and its bad.  Running through and airport with a febrile infant with diarrhea to try to make a flight probably tops the list of the bad days, but all of my days are made better by a little smile or a hug, or even some hair pulling or the newest trick of nipple biting.

I am permanently changed.  Before my life revolved around work in the dance around a tight schedule.  Now I stress out and work my tail off when I'm at work, but when I get home I get to sit back, relax, and enjoy my family.  I'm still struggling with being at work without guilt but I am loving being a mom.   I admit it is harder than I thought in some ways, but its a good kind of hard.  I've been told its something like running a marathon . . .but I wouldn't know because I haven't set foot in a gym since before the IVF.

Long and short of it - I'm in love and loving life.

18 comments:

  1. Yes! So hard, but so worth it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad everything worked out for you. As for your stressful moments, it is a part of parenthood which I'm sure you have taken everything in a stride. Being has a parent its pros and cons, but the gift of life is something very precious to have and I'm pretty sure you are doing a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to the gynecologist is rarely what most consider fun, but it does not have to be as bad as some make it out to be, either. Knowing what to expect at your first exam, and choosing a doctor you trust, can make the experience bearable. Gynecologist Boca Raton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to the gynecologist is rarely what most consider fun, but it does not have to be as bad as some make it out to be, either. Knowing what to expect at your first exam, and choosing a doctor you trust, can make the experience bearable. Gynecologist Boca Raton

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gynecology focuses on maternity care before birth, support pregnant and after treatment when gynecologist is facing the general health of women, focusing on female genitalia. Delray Beach Gynecology

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me and my wife are going to be having a baby soon and I couldn't be more excited. We are looking for a good gynecology that we can trust. I want to be ready and know what is going on every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm super happy that you and your little girl are doing well. It is an adjustment becoming a parent. I have a few kids and it took a little bit to get used to being a parent. However it is the most rewarding thing I have done.

    http://www.bvwc.com/about-us/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember all my trips to the gynecologist when I was pregnant with my son. It was quiet the experience for sure and I have never experienced something like it before. This is something that is not easy to explain to someone that has never experienced it before.
    http://www.lynchburggynecology.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good one!! Now you can find and book online appointment with Good Gynecologist in Delhi without any cost 100% free at Helpingdoc.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad that everything is going well for you. It is always exciting to have a bundle of joy in your home. There are a lot of great things that come from being a new mother. I hope everything continues to progress for you! http://www.merkouris.net/gynecologist-anchorage-alaska

    ReplyDelete
  11. The work that gynecologists do everyday is very important. The female body is capable of doing so many amazing things, with that being the case, there needs to be a special doctor to help them through it all. It takes a special someone to really do this the correct way.

    http://www.desertroseobgynaz.com/providers.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finding a Gynecologist (GYN)
    1. Ask your General Practioner (GP) for a referral to a good Gynecologist (GYN)
    2. Ask friends for a good GYN (word of mouth)
    3.Call the local RCC and see if they have any suggestions
    4.Choose a female GYN if that makes you more comfortable
    Before the Appointment

    For Best Gynaecologist in Hyderabad, contact Ankura Hospitals rated as the best maternity and pregnancy care, treatment hospitals in Hyderabad. Visit Web site : http://www.ankurahospital.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Finding a Gynecologist (GYN)
    1. Ask your General Practioner (GP) for a referral to a good Gynecologist (GYN)
    2. Ask friends for a good GYN (word of mouth)
    3.Call the local RCC and see if they have any suggestions
    4.Choose a female GYN if that makes you more comfortable
    Before the Appointment

    For Best Gynaecologist in Hyderabad, contact Ankura Hospitals rated as the best maternity and pregnancy care, treatment hospitals in Hyderabad. Visit Web site : http://www.ankurahospital.com/

    ReplyDelete

  16. Very nice information thanks for sharing Find the Best Gyne & Maternity Hospitals in Dehradun. Gynecology Doctors are available in Dehradun working in Gyne & Maternity Hospital Dehradun deal with the problems regarding reproductive system of females. Most of the Gynecologist in Dehradun is obstetricians because they treat the problem of childbirth, pertaining pregnancy & postpartum period. Many of Gyne & Maternity Hospitals in Dehradun providing the best treatment for severe diseases.

    ReplyDelete